1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
½ lb. lean stew meat, ½ in. cubed
3 small potatoes, cubed
⅛ medium onion, chopped
3 small tomatoes, cubed
(optional – use only in Green Chile Stew)
|1 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen
Green Chile OR 1 14 oz. container
BUENO® Frozen Red Chile
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
½ tsp. salt
- Heat oil in 3 or 4 quart pot.
- Add meat and brown over low heat for approximately 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and onion. Brown for approximately 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen green chile. Cook for 15 minutes (to at least 165ºF).
- Stir in tomato, garlic, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Makes four 8 oz. servings.