Non stick spray
1 tsp. olive or canola oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
½ white onion, finely diced
1½ lbs. chicken breast fillets, skinless, boneless,
cut into ½ inch cubes (approx. 3 cups)
3 cups reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
1 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen
Green Chile, not drained
2 carrots, thinly sliced (approx. ⅛ to
¼ inch thick)
½ cup frozen whole kernel sweet corn
2 medium Yukon gold or red potatoes peeled
and diced into ¼ inch cubes
¼ tsp black pepper
- Spray non stick skillet with non stick spray.
- Add olive or canola oil.
- Heat skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and diced onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Remove garlic and onion into separate bowl with slotted spoon.
- Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring until pieces turn white, approximately 7 minutes.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add sautéed garlic, onion and remaining ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat until chicken and vegetables are tender, approximately25 minutes.
- Lower heat if rapid boil develops.
Makes 7-8 oz. servings.
Option: Use skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders to cut prep. time by a third.